I chat with you so often about so much, I was a little at a loss when lovely and talented bloggers Stephanie of Peace, Love and Cooking and Shri of Tasty Touch gave me the Honest Scrap award which calls on me to list 10 honest things about myself. What could I say that you hadn’t heard before?
Besides, I really don’t spend a lot of time analyzing myself. I am…just me. So I thought about it a lot and finally came up with something I thought I could share. Read it if you care. If not, wait for my next recipe. I won’t be long!
1. I try not to attach too much value to the material things in my life. I don’t ever want to be someone who absolutely cannot live without some thing.
2. For as far back as I can remember into my childhood, I’ve never bought into religions and into any of the many “isms” created to separate us from each other.
3. I have friends of every stripe– my friends don’t have to think like me or agree with me on anything at all and I am always open to a good argument and to revising my opinion when someone makes a good point. But I refuse to put up with intolerance, bigotry and narrow-mindedness. Oh, and I can’t stand suck-ups either: I once had a colleague who, on his first day at work, went around jotting down the bosses’ favorite baked goods in a notebook so he could make it for them.
4. Although I lead a pretty active lifestyle, I love nothing more than to do nothing. I live for those moments when I can sit back and take time out from every chore and responsibility. Call me lazy!
5. I pay a lot of attention to making the foods I cook nutritious and I do love to preach the value of eating healthy (as you well know :)), but I am an inveterate snacker. If left to my own devices, I’d snack my way through breakfast, lunch, dinner and in between on cookies, chips, cake and just about anything other than what I should be eating. Desi, who is a saint around snacks, has been trying to get me to see the light for many years now, but he’s not succeeded yet– at least not completely!
6. I am easygoing around housework. There’s a tile I bought in Delft that hangs in my foyer and reads, very aptly: “This house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy.” Enough said.
7. I think the saddest sight in the world is a caged bird. How people who claim to love birds can put them in a cage is something I will never understand.
8. I have a quick temper and sometimes it gets the better of me. It is perhaps the quality in myself that I most dislike and that I work hard to control. But I also cool down in an instant and I make an effort to own up to my mistakes.
9. I long for a world where there will be no zoos, circuses, aquariums and petting zoos.
10. I don’t like making small talk — in fact, I hate it.
So here they are, 10 honest facts about myself and 10 things more than I really wanted to reveal
Many thanks also to the kind Preeti of Preeti’s Relishing Recipes who has passed on the following awards to me.
I, in turn, will pass on these delicious awards to every food blogger out there– to all of you who so generously share your amazing recipes with the rest of us. Kudos to you!
And have a great weekend, all!