IAVW: Chinese. The Roundup.

If you thought that you’d been there and eaten that when it came to Chinese food, this roundup of It’s A Vegan World: Chinese is going to make you think again.

Here’s an array of dishes so fabulous, so creative and so diverse, I challenge any one of you aficionados of Chinese food (and who isn’t one?) to find something you’ve never had before– and try it!

Thanks to all of you who cooked for this event. As some of you might have noticed, I did not announce a theme for this month, but that’s because I am going to make IAVW an occasional event from now on instead of a monthly one. I’m too busy right now with a new job and I want to make sure I do justice to your hard work when I announce and put together these roundups. I also know that this event is a great resource for many vegans out there, so trust me, I’ll be announcing a new theme in a month or two.

Until then, feast on this. And if you haven’t already, do go back and take a look at past editions of IAVW, including Moroccan, Thai and Indian. We’ve got something for everyone.

Enjoy, all!

Sangita’s Tofu Dumplings

Priyasuresh’s Vegetable Fried Rice

Nandini’s Scallion Pancakes
Nithya’s Chinese Dumplings

Malini’s Chilli Soya

Graziana’s Steamed Baos

Champa’s Gobi Manchurian

Cham’s Almond Cookies

As always, please let me know if I missed you, or if the links aren’t working or correct. The recipes are in reverse alphabetical order, so please be mindful of that as you look through for your dish.

Have a great weekend, all!

16 thoughts on “IAVW: Chinese. The Roundup.

Graziana

December 12, 2009 at 7:21pm

wow great round-up
    I can’t wait to find out where ‘It’s a vegan world’ will take us next time
    Thank you!

Zengirl

December 12, 2009 at 9:28pm

Vaishali and all,

All recipes and pictures are just yummy. feel like cooking everything in list, only with my 2 little ones, I am right now just content reading about it :-)

Priya Narasimhan

December 13, 2009 at 2:05am

except for noodles and dumplings, i have not made any chinese dish at home..good collection of recipes and a good roundup too.

Pavani

December 13, 2009 at 3:18am

Thats one scrumptious Vegan chinese round up.. Thanks for putting it together. Have a wonderful sunday..

sanjeeta kk

December 13, 2009 at 3:42am

Good innovative recipe to try for. Tofu dumplings and the likes.

Joyful

December 13, 2009 at 8:51am

This is a real feast! I wouldn’t know where to begin :-)

Cham

December 13, 2009 at 11:01pm

Great treasure for vegan world! Lovely theme and round-up!

Electra Maven

December 14, 2009 at 2:16am

Hi, How are you? I came across your Blog and I really enjoyed reading it! I found it very interesting! I’m a new blogger so I’d like to invite you to have a look at my blog and feel welcome to give me any kind of feedback and comments on my posts! :) I would really appreciate it! I wish you all the best and thanks for offering such valuable information!Kind Regards ;)

Skay

December 14, 2009 at 10:43pm

Wow, Vaishali wonderful roundup…such a fantastic spread! I absolutely need to try them all.

Curry Leaf

December 15, 2009 at 5:25am

Amazing round up Vaishali,the dishes are very droolworthy and am trying out several of them.Looking forward to a new theme- do take your own time -life comes first blogging later.

Supriya

December 15, 2009 at 7:56pm

U have a great blog here Vaishali…its a treasure trove. Love the IAVW themes. Good luck in ur blogging & ur new job.

Usha

December 16, 2009 at 6:06pm

Fantastic roundup Vaishali ! Everything here looks so inviting..

Miri

December 21, 2009 at 5:02am

Can’t wait to try some of these recipes! Congratulations on your new job!

Ambica

December 23, 2009 at 8:49pm

Hi Vaishali,
    The link to ‘Roasted Brussel sprouts – Chinese style” on the round up is going to the wrong site.
    I have enjoyed discovering your blog. Wish you all a very Happy New Year.
    Ambica