Wanted: A Home for Hunny

A distressed reader sent me this posting for a dog at a North Carolina shelter that needs a home urgently (like, in a day) before she gets euthanized, and I thought I’d put it up here as is, just in case it reaches someone who is willing to step up.

She is so adorable, isn’t she? I didn’t see a name in the listing, but I’d call her Hunny, after the sweetest dog I ever fostered and who had the same brindle coat and looked very much like this girl.

I hope this Hunny finds a home soon!

WHITEVILLE,NC. BEAUTIFUL PLOTT HOUND GIRL TO BE KILLED DEC 23 !!!

VERY SWEET GIRL THAT NEEDS ANOTHER CHANCE AT LIFE. PLEASE HELP HER!
Candidate for euthanasia 12/23
Plott Hound
Large Adult Female Dog

Contact: Columbus County Animal Control
288 Legion Drive
Whiteville, NC 28472
Phone: 910-641-3945 and Fax: (910) 640-1196

Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday 12 – 5 p.m.

Comments

• Anonymous says

shelters sometimes have to do that if they cant find a home :( its sad but true, they dont want to usually. There are lots of “no kill” shelters that never kill, but there are still some “kill shelters” :’(

1. says

Betty, I hope so too!

BangaloreBaker– three million or so healthy dogs like this one are put down in shelters around the United States each year, even as so many ignoramuses who profess to love dogs flock to buy puppies from breeders. There are still so many misconceptions about shelter dogs despite the fact that most of them are the sweetest, gentlest creatures who make great companion animals. On the other hand, dogs bought from breeders, even as puppies, can easily turn aggressive in the wrong human hands. As a wise person once said, there are no bad dogs, only bad dog parents.

2. Amrita says

Vaishali, thanks a million for this. Yes, I have been feeling very distressed since I read this posting. I am praying for Hunny. I wonder whether the people who kill these healthy animals are “human” at all. They think they own the earth!

3. says

That’s sad! I’ve posted the photo and information on another site in case someone might help out. God bless you for caring for one of these little creatures who bring so much happiness and joy.

4. Amrita says

Vaishali, good news!! Some lovely people are arranging to organise Hunny’s adoption to a secure, new home! She will not be killed!! Thanks again for putting up Hunny on your blog, I am sure many people got to know about her, prayed for her, and wished for her! God bless all! We do not know what she will be called at her new home but for us she will be dear Hunny, always :)

5. says

I have a friend in Texas willing to take this dog but she would need someone to get her to Texas from North Carolina. I’ve asked my friend to phone the number you provided. I pray it works out.

6. Anonymous says

Does anyone know if Hunny was saved? I have the PERFECT plott hound that I stumbled upon on her execution date and she has changed my life.