Comments

1. Jeannie says

Oh! I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s a hard sad fact that they don’t live as long as we do, and that we have to say goodbye too soon. I hope you fill that Frddy-shaped hole in your heart with good memories.

Here’s a poem I find endlessly comforting (through the tears) at times like these. I hope you do, too.

To Those I Love
    If I should ever leave you whom I love
    to go along the Silent Way,
    Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears,
    But laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you there.
    (I’d come-I’d come, could I but find a way!
    But would not tears and grief be barriers?)
    And when you hear a song or see a bird I loved,
    Please do not let the thought of me be sad…
    For I am loving you just as I always have…
    You were so good to me!
    There are so many things I wanted still to do-
    So many things to say to you…
    Remember that I did not fear…
    It was just leaving you that was so hard to face…
    We cannot see Beyond…
    But this I know:
    I loved you so- ’twas heaven here with you.
    Isla Paschal Richardson

2. says

Oh Vaishali, I am so, so sorry. Nothing I say can take away the pain, ur family and Freddie are in my thoughts and prayers.
    He had a grand life with a very loving family and his doggy heart must always have been full.
    RIP dear boy, U will always be loved.
    Take care Vaishali, be strong thru this difficult time. Hugs.

3. Samarpita says

Oh, this is such a sad news. Be strong and cherish the amazing memories of the time spent together.

4. Anonymous says

Sorry to hear about Freddie. May his soul RIP. May the Lord give you all the strength needed to go through this phase of life.

5. Nirmal says

Sorry for your loss… I know firsthand how much it hurts… have u in my prayers… God Bless!
    Love… Nirmal

6. says

Rest easy, Freddie.

Vaishali, I’m so sorry. Please take comfort knowing that you gave him the best life he could have known. Hugs.

7. Vijaya says

Vaishali – So sorry to hear about Freddie! To be frank, I hardly know him. But since I saw the message pop up in my phone about him (RSS Feed), I havent been able to think of anything else. My heart is real heavy! May his soul rest in peace. My deepest condolences!

8. says

Freddie is lucky to reach his Maker far sooner than humans can, for sure, he is now happy in heaven with no physical limitations.Be brave Vaishali, let him go, and remember -whatever happens is for the best.

9. Anonymous says

My cat Poor Boy died unexpectedly on March 4th the day after Freddie. Animals are blessings to our lives. I will miss him always. Peace.

10. Alessandra says

“Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you…nor in the future shall any of us cease to be”. Dear Vaishali, I am so sorry to hear he is gone. I pray for his soul, he will always be close to you.
    Alessandra

11. Anonymous says

Dear Vaishali

Sorry to hear about Freddie. I am so proud that you and Desi gave me a great life and in return you must have got tremendous selfless love. Please cherish those memories. Thank you for sharing your pain with us. May his soul rest in peace.
    Lots of love to your family.
    Take care of the kids.

12. Anonymous says

I am sorry to hear that. The saddest thing about having animals and birds as our close friends is that we often outlive them and hence we go through multiple heartaches whenever they die. However, the unconditional happiness that they give to us when they are alive more than make up for the occasional heartaches.

How is Lucy now?

- Rajendra

13. says

My Dear Friend Vaishali,
    I am really sorry to read these news. My deepest and sincere condolences. Your love for your babies always inspired me and still is an example to me, I love every single picture you post and every story you write about them. I firmly believe that this Love will help you both to overcome the sadness of this situation. My heart goes to you.

Hugging you deeply,
    Susana.

14. Anonymous says

So sorry Freddie is gone. What a wonderful person you are for giving senior animal a loving home. All the best wishes to you and thanks for the great recipes.

15. Martina says

Dear V,
    I’ve been away & just discovered the passing of your little darling. My deepest thoughts are with you on the loss of this family member. I know very well how heart-wrenching it is when they go. Thank you for giving him a loving family.

16. says

Ahh, the love that we share with our companions is so sweet and the pain of their leaving so sharp. Love always wins, though, as we cherish them forever in our hearts and memories. That love is always worth any future pain that we will know is possible upon their departure – it always worth the risk.

Bless you for taking the risk on loving such a sweet old guy as Freddie and making his later years so wonderful, I hope the pain of his loss eases soon.