Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups mango puree
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 6 tbsp canola oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp powdered flax seeds mixed well with 6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and oil a standard-size muffin tin.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and chopped nuts.
- In a larger bowl, mix the oil, sugar, flax seed-water mixture, mango, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour mixture until all the wet ingredients are just moist. Do not overmix. The batter should be lumpy, like pancake batter, rather than smooth.
- With a standard-sized ice cream scoop, or with a tablespoon, divide the batter equally among the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for about 17 minutes in a 375-degree oven or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out almost dry, with a few crumbs sticking to it.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes before unmolding.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/2011/07/mango-muffins.html