Lime Orzo with Bell Peppers
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Pasta
- 2 cups orzo
- 5 cups water
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp dried mint
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 green bell peppers, cut into a small dice
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of half a lime. Add more if you like your orzo tangier.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the water along with 1 tsp of olive oil, cayenne, salt, black pepper, mint and orzo. Cook for about 15 minutes until the orzo is al dente and has absorbed almost all of the water.
- While the orzo is cooking, heat a saucepan with the remaining olive oil. Add the onions and green peppers and saute until the onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for a minute. Now add the cooked pasta and mix.
- Stir in the lime juice and add salt and ground pepper if needed.
- Serve hot.
Calories: 255 Fat: 2.8 g Carbohydrates: 48.5 g Sugar: 6.3 Fiber: 3.7 g Protein: 8
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/2013/12/lime-orzo.html