Shell Pasta In Barbeque Sauce
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Pasta
Cuisine: Italian fusion
- 1 pound shell pasta (use any other shape)
- ½ large head or 1 small head of cauliflower, separated into small florets
- 1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight and cooked until tender.
- 1 to 1½ cups of barbeque sauce (adjust per your tastebuds)
- ¼ cup of capers.
- For Barbeque Sauce:
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup tamari (use soy sauce if you can't find this)
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-low heat. Simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, or until al dente.
- In the last five minutes of cooking add to it the cauliflower separated into small florets.
- Add the cauliflower and pasta in a bowl. Add to it the kala chana, barbecue sauce and capers.
- Mix well and serve.
Recipe by Holy Cow! at http://holycowvegan.net/2011/05/shell-pasta-in-barbeque-sauce.html