Healthy Banana-Walnut Bundt Cake
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Cake
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 6 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted lightly, then chopped
- Mix the flour, wheat germ, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In another, larger bowl, whisk together the sugar, maple syrup, almond milk, mashed bananas and vanilla extract until well-mixed.
- Add the flour in three batches, stirring in the flour thoroughly after each addition.
- Pour into a bundt pan sprayed with oil (I just bought a
- silicone bundt pan
- which requires little to no oil, and the cake pops out beautifully without sticking). This is a thick batter, so smooth down the top before putting into the oven.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the cake's center comes out clean.
- Cool thoroughly, unmold, dust with some confectioner's sugar if you like, then slice. Serve with some vegan whipped cream for some extra oomph, or just plain-- it's delicious either way.
Recipe by Holy Cow! at http://holycowvegan.net/2011/04/healthy-banana-walnut-bundt-cake.html