Corn Fritters, Fat-Free
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Snack
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn, thawed
- ¼ cup finely chopped leek greens (can substitute shallots or spring onions)
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- ¼ cup finely chopped garlic greens (use 2 tsp of minced garlic if you don't have these)
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup stone-ground corn meal
- ½ cup water (be prepared to add more or less)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Heat a cast-iron or non-stick skillet and spray evenly with a fat-free vegetable oil spray. Alternately, brush the surface lightly with a thin coating of oil.
- Mix all the ingredients, adding the water slowly, until you have a batter that's fluid but firm enough that you can scoop it up with your fingertips and drop into a skillet.
- Drop enough fritters into the pan so you have fritters that are thin, almost pancakey, because you want them to cook through. Cook on medium heat until the bottom turns a rich golden-brown.
- Flip over and cook the other side until golden.
- Serve hot with a chutney or ketchup.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/corn-fritters-fat-free/