Fettuccine with Olive Oil and Garlic
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Pasta
- 1-pound box of fettuccine (pappardelle's also great here). Cook the pasta to an al-dente texture in plenty of well-salted water.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes (use less if you prefer)
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the garlic. Saute over medium-low heat for a few seconds until the garlic becomes lightly golden. You don't want to burn it.
- Add the red pepper flakes and parsley. Toss to mix. Season with some salt.
- Add the drained fettuccine along with ½ cup of the water you cooked the pasta in.
- Mix everything and turn off the heat.
- You need nothing more than a fresh, leafy side salad to make a delicious meal of this.
- Enjoy, all!
Recipe by Holy Cow! at http://holycowvegan.net/2011/03/fettuccine-with-olive-oil-and-garlic.html