Irish Cream Cupcakes
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup soy creamer (I used Silk)
- 2 tbsp vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (use agave or corn syrup as a substitute)
- ⅓ cup whiskey (use your favorite)
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- Make the Irish cream by putting the soy creamer in a microwave safe bowl and heat until boiling.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until they are completely dissolved, along with the
- maple syrup,
- whiskey, coffee granules and vanilla
- In a bowl, beat together the canola oil and sugar. Add the Irish Cream.
- Now add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and mix well with a whisk just until you have a smooth batter. Do not overmix or overbeat.
- Divide the batter equally among 12 cups of a standard-sized muffin pan lined with cupcake liners.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven about 26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/irish-cream-cupcakes/