Frosting for Irish Cream Cupcakes
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Dessert
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) vegan butter like Earth Balance at room temperature
- 4 tbsp vegetable shortening
- 1 tsp whiskey (optional, but really great)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar (use more or less depending on how thick you want your frosting, and how sweet).
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cream together the butter and shortening until they are fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Now add the remaining ingredients and half the sugar. Beat until mixed, then add the remaining sugar and beat until mixed. This should take no more than 2 minutes altogether.
- Frost the cupcakes after they've cooled completely.
Recipe by Holy Cow! at http://holycowvegan.net/2011/03/irish-cream-cupcakes.html