Easy Wholegrain Pasta With Spinach Pesto
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Main
- 1 pound of wholegrain pasta (I mixed up half-boxes of penne and rotini. Use any small pasta here). Cook it in plenty of salted water per package instructions until al dente.
- 1 cup olives, cut into rings or whichever way you want
- 2 cups green beans, cooked (I used frozen ones pre-cut in 1-inch lengths and toss them into the boiling pasta water for the last five minutes that the pasta is cooking. They turn out just perfect.)
- 3 tbsp roasted sunflower seeds
- For the pesto:
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- ¼ cup cashew nuts (substitute with walnuts, roasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds, pecans, or even the more traditional pine nuts)
- 4 cloves of garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (use less if you want to, but I like my pasta with plenty of olive oil!)
- 1 tbsp white miso (substitute with salt to taste if you don't have or want to use this)
- Place all pesto ingredients in a food processor and process until everything's broken down into a rough paste
- Place the pesto and pasta in a bowl, and add all the veggies and sunflower seeds. Check salt. Mix together thoroughly and serve.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/2010/11/easy-wholegrain-pasta-with-spinach.html