Pasta Puttanesca, Gluten-Free
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Pasta
- 8 ounces of gluten-free spaghetti. I used DeBole's rice, quinoa and amaranth spaghetti)
- 2 tbsp powdered seaweed (I crumpled up Nori sheets, put them in my spice grinder and gave it a spin. You could try another seaweed.)
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- 1½ cups crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted, oil-cured olives, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp capers
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the garlic and red pepper and toss until the garlic turns lightly golden.
- Add the powdered seaweed and stir for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, oregano, parsley, and capers. Cook over medium heat until the tomatoes release their juices and the juices start to thicken.
- Add the tamari and more salt, if needed. Season with ground black pepper.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, toss to coat, and turn off the heat. Garnish with more parsley if you like, and serve hot.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/2014/01/pasta-puttanesca-gluten-free.html