Pasta Puttanesca, Gluten-Free
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Pasta
- 8 ounces of gluten-free spaghetti. I used DeBole's rice, quinoa and amaranth spaghetti)
- 2 tbsp powdered seaweed (I crumpled up Nori sheets, put them in my spice grinder and gave it a spin. You could try another seaweed.)
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- 1½ cups crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted, oil-cured olives, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp capers
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the garlic and red pepper and toss until the garlic turns lightly golden.
- Add the powdered seaweed and stir for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, oregano, parsley, and capers. Cook over medium heat until the tomatoes release their juices and the juices start to thicken.
- Add the tamari and more salt, if needed. Season with ground black pepper.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, toss to coat, and turn off the heat. Garnish with more parsley if you like, and serve hot.
Recipe by Holy Cow! at http://holycowvegan.net/2014/01/pasta-puttanesca-gluten-free.html