Eggless French Toast
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Breakfast, Brunch
- 5 slices wholegrain bread (use a mild-flavored grain, like wheat-- not rye or sourdough, unless you actually happen to like your French toast with those breads)
- 1 cup soymilk
- ¼ cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup walnuts, finely crushed (optional)
- Oil to coat skillet or griddle in a thin layer
- Place all ingredients except the bread, walnuts and oil in a shallow container and mix well.
- Place the walnuts in a separate dish
- Dip the slices of bread one by one in the batter and coat on either side. I let them soak about 20-30 seconds on each side.
- Dip into the walnuts
- Heat a skillet and coat with a thin layer of oil
- Place a slice of the French toast on the skillet and cook on each side until golden brown.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of maple syrup or agave nectar
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/eggless-french-toast/