Mojo de Ajo
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Condiment
- 4 heads of garlic, peeled (place a large chef's knife on each pod of garlic and smack it with the heel of your hand to get the papery skin off more easily)
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Place the garlic in an 8-inch-square glass baking dish and pour the olive oil over it. Add salt and stir well.
- Place the dish in a 325-degree oven and bake 45 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and bake for another 20 minutes for the flavors to infuse.
- Remove, mash the garlic with a fork or potato masher, cool, and pour it all into an air-tight glass jar. The mojo de ajo keeps for at least three months in a refrigerator.
Recipe by Holy Cow! at http://holycowvegan.net/2010/06/mojo-de-ajo.html