Kale Crepes, Gluten-Free
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Bread
- 1 cup moong or mung lentils, soaked for 30 minutes
- 2 packed cups of baby kale
- 1-inch knob of ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 green chilli peppers, like serrano or jalapeno
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, lightly toasted on a dry skillet
- Salt to taste
- Blend the soaked lentils with the all ingredients except the kale and water until you have a smooth batter of the consistency of a crepe batter.
- Add the kale and process on a lower speed so the kale gets finely chopped but doesn't quite blend into the batter. You want little bits of kale to be visible in the batter.
- Heat a flat griddle and when it is hot enough that a drop of water sizzles and skitters off, spray the griddle lightly with oil.
- Using a round-bottomed ladle, place about ½ cup of the crepe batter in the center of the griddle. Using the bottom of the ladle, spread the batter into a crepe using a spiraling motion.
- Let the crepe cook until the top dries out, then flip over and cook for another minute.
- Serve hot stuffed with some
- Potato Subzi
- or, if you're watching the carbs (which I completely get) with a more waist-friendly veggie dish like this
- Mushroom Achari.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/2013/07/kale-crepes-gluten-free.html