Whole-Wheat Blueberry Muffins for IAVW: British
Author: Holy Cow!
Recipe type: Breakfast/Snack
Serves: 11 muffins
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together until mixed:
- ½ cup canola or other vegetable oil
- ¼ cup lemon or lime juice (I used lime)
- ¾ cup soymilk
- Add the mixture to the dry ingredients and mix just until everything’s blended.
- Add blueberries and mix in.
- Divide the batter equally into 11 cups of a standard baking pan, greased.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes on a rack and then slide out using a thin knife.
- These muffins are delicate, which gives them a lovely, cakey texture, but that also makes them a little difficult to unmold, so be gentle.
Recipe by Holy Cow! at http://holycowvegan.net/2009/07/blueberry-muffins-for-iavw-british.html