Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Side
- ¾ cup chickpea flour (garbanzo bean flour or besan)
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 bunch scallions or spring onions (about 6), both green and white parts finely diced
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- A generous pinch of asafetida (hing)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup chopped garlic greens or chopped coriander
- Roast the chickpea flour lightly, stirring, until it smells fragrant, about 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Spray oil in a skillet. Add asafetida and sustard seeds. When the seeds sputter, add the onions. Saute until the onions turn translucent but before they start to color.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric, spring onions and chopped green peppers. Saute for a few minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the chickpea flour and salt and stir in. Add 1 cup of water.
- Stir well, cover, and cook on medium-low heat about 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until all the water has been absorbed.
- Turn off heat. Garnish with the garlic greens or coriander leaves. Serve hot with bhakri (recipe follows).
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/zunka-bhakar/