Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut milk, cold
- 1¼ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp powdered green cardamom
- 1 tbsp sugar for dusting shortbread (optional)
- Mix together the flour, cardamom powder, and salt.
- Cream together the coconut oil and the powdered sugar with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer until it's soft and fluffy, about two minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour in three batches, mixing well with a spatula after each addition.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for 15-30 minutes.
- Grease an 8 by 8 inch glass baking pan.
- Place the shortbread dough in the pan. Press with your fingers into an even layer all the way to the corners of the pan.
- Bake the shortbread in a preheated 300-degree oven for 50 minutes or until it is slightly darker at the edges.
- Remove to a rack, cool for 10 minutes, and then, using a sharp knife, cut into diamond shapes without going all the way through the shortbread.
- Cool thoroughly and then separate into diamond shapes.
Recipe by Holy Cow! at http://holycowvegan.net/2013/05/coconut-shortbread-with-cardamom.html