Vegan Orange Cake
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Cake/Dessert
- Dry Ingredients
- 1½ cups whole-wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 cup minus 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp Cointreau liqueur (Meanure the Cointreau into a cup measure first and then top it off with OJ)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix together the wet ingredients and add to the dry. Stir until smooth.
- Pour into a greased and floured cake pan, preferably lined with wax or parchment paper which makes it easier to unmold the cake.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then slide a thin knife around the edges.
- Gently remove the cake from the pan and continue cooling on a rack.
- This cake is best by itself, but a dollop of whipped vegan cream does no harm, if you know what I mean :)
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/2009/05/vegan-orange-cake.html