Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Side
- 3 medium russet potatoes, cut lengthwise into thick fries
- 1 medium cauliflower, florets separated
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ¼ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- In a cast-iron or any other heavy skillet, heat the oil
- Add the potatoes and stir-fry over medium heat for about 10 minutes until the potatoes are almost golden-brown and barely tender.
- Add the ginger and stir-fry for 10 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower and heat, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add the coriander, cumin, turmeric and chili powders and salt to taste. Mix well with the potatoes and cauliflower and then add ¼ cup water.
- Cover the skillet with a tight-fitting lid and cook on medium-low fire about 5-10 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the cauliflower is cooked but not mushy.
- Check salt, then garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/aloo-gobi/