Author: Holy Cow!
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 8 waffles
- Dry ingredients:
- ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Whisk these together in a bowl and set aside.
- Wet ingredients:
- 1½ cups soy milk
- 1½ tsp egg replacer like EnerG whisked into 2 tbsp warm water
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Whisk the wet ingredients together and add to the dry ingredients. Mix together but let some lumps remain.
- Heat a waffle iron and spray lightly with oil. Make waffles per instructions.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/2009/05/vegan-buckwheat-waffles.html