Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 rhubarb stalks, ends trimmed and stalks chopped into ½-inch pieces
- ⅓ cup apple or cranberry juice
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split in the middle and seeds removed, or 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½- 1 cup confectioners' or powdered sugar (use more or less based on your taste and the tartness of the rhubarb)
- 1 tsp agar powder mixed with 2 tbsp hot water (optional-- it helps thicken the mousse, but if you can't find it, you can leave it out).
- Place the rhubarb in a saucepan with the apple or cranberry juice. Bring to a boil, cover, and cook about five minutes or until the rhubarb is really soft and mushy.
- Place the rhubarb with the juice and the remaining ingredients in a blender and blitz until really smooth and airy, about 2 minutes.
- Put the mousse into serving bowls and chill before serving.
Calories: 208 Fat: 4.9 grams Fiber: 1 gram Protein: 0.7 grams
Recipe by Holy Cow! at http://holycowvegan.net/2014/06/rhubarb-mousse.html