Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Cookies
- 1½ cups almond flour (around 1 cup of almonds, processed to a powder in a food processor)
- ½ cup whole-wheat pastry flour (can substitute with all-purpose)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3 tsp EnerG egg replacer powder mixed with 4 tbsp water
- ¾ to 1 cup confectioners' sugar (I like mine a little less sweet but add a whole cup if you like them sweet)
- Mix together the almond flour, pastry flour and baking powder.
- In a food processor, or by hand, add to the flour mixture the sugar, the two extracts, and the egg-replacer mixture. If using a food processor, pulse a few times to mix the ingredients.
- The dough will be sticky. With a teaspoon, place rounded mounds of the mixture on a cookie sheet greased well, or covered with parchment paper and then greased.
- Bake in a preheated 300-degree oven about 25-30 minutes until the tops are lightly browned, and the bottoms are a deeper, richer golden-brown.
- Place the sheet on a rack to cool about 10 minutes. Then, using a thin spatula, remove the cookies from the cookie sheet and place directly on the rack to cool thoroughly.
- When cooled, sprinkle tops with some powdered confectioners sugar.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/vegan-amaretti-cookies/