Savory Vegan Pancakes
Author: Holy Cow!
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 8 pancakes
- Mix in a bowl:
- 1½ cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- In another bowl, mix together:
- 1 cup silken or soft tofu
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1½ cup chopped veggies (I used grated carrots, chopped onions and green peppers)
- ¼ cup minced coriander leaves
- 2 green chillies, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. If the mixture is too dry, add some soymilk until you have a pancakey batter: thin enough to spread but not dry. Check salt.
- On a hot griddle sprayed with oil, spread the pancakes into small 3- to 4-inch rounds.
- Flip over when bubbles appear in the middle and the underside is golden-brown. Cook for another minute or two.
- Serve hot with some chutney or ketchup.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/2009/01/color-me-healthy-savory-wholegrain.html