Vegan Chocolate Cupcake
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup almond milk (can use soy)
- 1 tsp vinegar
- ¾ cup turbinado sugar (can use regular sugar)
- ⅓ cup canola or other flavorless vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- In a bowl, mix the almond milk and vinegar and set aside for a few minutes until it curdles.
- Add the sugar, oil, vanilla extract and beat togeter until it turns frothy.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add the cocoa-flour mixture to the wet ingredients in two batches, mixing well until the mixture is fairly smooth. Don't overbeat.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners. Pour the batter into each liner, about ¾ full.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for about 10 minutes. Then unmold the muffins and place them on the rack until thoroughly cooled.
- If desired, take some powdered sugar in a sieve, and sprinkle over the top of the cupcakes.
Recipe by Holy Cow! at http://holycowvegan.net/2008/11/worlds-best-vegan-chocolate-cupcake-and.html