Wholegrain Tofu Pancakes
Author: Holy Cow!
Recipe type: Breakfast
- Whisk together in one bowl:
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- In another bowl, mix together:
- 1 cup silken tofu
- ⅓ cup almond or soy milk
- 4 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 2 tsp lemon or lime zest (optional)
- 2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together in as few strokes as possible until just mixed. The batter should be lumpy, not smooth.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter on a hot non-stick or cast-iron griddle coated with oil. This is a very thick, almost cakey batter, so you might have to give it a nudge with your ladle to help it spread.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the top of the pancake and the bottom is golden-brown. Flip over and cook until golden on the other side.
- Serve hot with maple syrup or any other topping of your choice.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/wholegrain-tofu-pancakes/