Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Side
- 5 red potatoes, immersed in water in a microwave-safe bowl and cooked about 7 minutes. This makes them just tender without making them fall apart. Cut the potatoes into a 1-inch dice
- 1 tsp udad dal
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Mix together in a bowl:
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- ½ tbsp sambar powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Toss the potatoes in rice-flour mixure.
- Heat the oil in a cast-iron or non-stick skillet.
- Add the udad dal and fry until lightly golden.
- Add the potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are golden brown. Check salt.
- Serve hot.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/2008/10/plate-of-south-indian-comfort-sambar.html