Vegan Applesauce Mini-Muffins
Author: Holy Cow!
Recipe type: Breakfast
- Mix together in a bowl:
- 1½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- A pinch of salt
- In a larger bowl, whisk together to mix:
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with 4 tbsp water
- ¾ cup sugar
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix with a few strokes just until all ingredients are moistened. Don't overmix to make a smooth batter: lumps are fine, even good.
- Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan and divide the batter equally among the cups.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for 10-12 minutes. When they are ready, the muffins will be lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin will come out clean.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/2008/09/cardamom-scented-applesauce-mini.html