Mung Dal with Beet Greens
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Dal
- ¾ cup mung lentils, cooked until tender
- 1 tbsp canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Greens from 3 beets, chopped
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the mustard and when it sputters, add the onions and saute for a few minutes until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic and saute another minute.
- Add the coriander powder, chilli powder and turmeric and stir to coat with oil.
- Add the tomatoes and beet greens. Cook until the beet greens have wilted and the tomatoes are breaking down.
- Add the cooked mung dal and stir together, adding some water if the curry is too thick. Add salt to taste.
- Serve hot!
Recipe by Holy Cow! at http://holycowvegan.net/2008/09/moong-dal.html