Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Breakfast
- Dry Ingredients:
- ½ cup spelt flour
- ½ cup barley flour
- ½ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Wet Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp flaxmeal
- 6 tbsp warm water
- 1½ cups almond or other nondairy milk
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup almonds, crushed or chopped into small pieces
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl mix together the wet ingredients.
- Add the well-mixed wet ingredients to the dry. Mix the batter until everything is just moistened. The batter should still be lumpy.
- Heat a griddle until water sprinkled on the surface evaporates rightaway.
- Spray with some vegetable oil. Use a ¼-cup measure to pour out each pancake.
- Cook until the sides start to dry and bubbles appear on top. Flip over and cook for a minute.
- Stack and serve piping hot with or without some vegan butter and syrup.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/2013/02/almond-pancakes-countdown-to-valentines.html