Dandelion and Lima Bean Soup
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Soup
- A handful of dandelion greens (leaves from about four plants), roughly chopped
- ¾ cup dry lima beans, soaked and sprouted, then cooked until tender
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the onions and garlic and stir over a medium-low flame until the onions are translucent.
- Add some ground black pepper and salt. Stir in.
- Now add the dandelion greens and stir in. Let them cook a few minutes until quite tender. This won't take long.
- Add the lima beans and some water, if the soup is too thick. Let the soup come to a boil, then lower the heat and let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Once the soup is cool enough, puree in a blender or with a hand-blender.
- Check seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed. Drizzle in some extra-virgin olive oil or
- Serve hot with rolls or any chunky bread.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/2008/08/theres-weed-in-my-bowl.html