Rotini With Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Main
- 1 lb whole-wheat rotini pasta, cooked according to package instructions until al dente.
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, steamed until tender
- For pesto sauce:
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes with about 2 tbsp or more of the oil they were packed in. (If not using tomatoes packed in oil, you can just add about 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 habanero pepper, deseeded (this is a screaming-hot pepper, so use less if you are not into too-spicy food)
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and give them a spin until they break down into a paste. Drizzle in some more oil if too dry.
- Toss the cooked rotini with the pesto sauce and the vegetables. I had avocados and artichoke hearts on hand but roasted red peppers, zuccini squash or asparagus spears would all work great in this.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/2008/05/rotini-with-sun-dried-tomato-pesto.html