Peppered Mushroom-Potato Stir Fry
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Side
- 2 large potatoes, cut into chunky cubes and then zapped in the microwave for about 5 minutes with a few tablespoons of water so they are tender but just short of well-cooked.
- 1 cup crimini or button mushrooms, halved or quartered (if very big)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a cast-iron or non-stick skillet.
- Stir-fry the onions until they start to brown.
- Add the garlic, curry leaves and black pepper and stir for a minute.
- Add the mushrooms and stir to coat with the oil and pepper.
- Add the drained potatoes. Stir occasionally until the potatoes are golden-brown.
- Salt to taste. Serve hot!
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/2008/04/peppered-mushroom-potato-stir-fry.html