Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Side
- 1 package silken firm tofu
- ½ red onion, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 cup chopped cabbage (you can substitute with veggies like red or green peppers, scallions, broccoli...the possibilities are endless)
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ tsp turmeric (optional, but it does give great color)
- 1 ripe red chili, chopped (use 2 green chilies if you don't have the red. Chilies found at Indian stores or even a jalapeno would work great here)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Lemon or lime juice
- Heat the canola oil in a saucepan.
- Add the cumin seeds and when they crackle, add the onions.
- Saute the onions for a few minutes until they start to brown.
- Add the ginger and stir it in.
- Add the turmeric and chili and stir in.
- Add the mushrooms and cabbage and cook until they are fairly tender with a slight bite to them.
- Now add the silken firm tofu, crumbled into small pieces, and stir to mix with the spices and veggies.
- Add salt to taste, then take off the heat, garnish with coriander, spritz with some lemon juice, and serve hot.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/2008/03/health-nut-bagels-with-tofu-scramble.html