Pasta with Edamame Pesto
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Main
- 1 cup edamame (shelled), microwaved for a couple of minutes with a few tablespoons of water until just tender.
- ½ cup watercress leaves, chopped
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup silken soft tofu
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, powdered
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted lightly and chopped coarsely
- 1 13.5-oz box of Penne Rigate Pasta (I used whole-wheat, although this would work as well with regular pasta)
- Salt the pasta water and cook the pasta per package directions until al dente.
- To a food processor, add the edamame, tofu, garlic, watercress, cumin powder and red pepper flakes. Add salt to taste.
- With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil until the pesto comes together in a smooth, creamy sauce with a lovely pale green color.
- Remove the cooked pasta to a bowl and add the pesto sauce, capers and walnuts.
- Toss to coat the pasta evenly with the sauce.
- You can also add some pre-roasted veggies like bell peppers and zucchini or even some sliced avocados for a delicious and healthy meal in minutes!
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/penne-rigate-with-creamy-edamame-pesto/