Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 green chilies, slit
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 13.5 ounce can of coconut milk
- 3 cups of chopped mixed vegetables (I used carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes and green peas)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- ½ lemon or 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onions, curry leaves, chilies, ginger and a pinch of salt and cook on medium-low heat until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the turmeric and mixed vegetables except peas and about 2 tbsp of the coconut milk with 1 cup of water. Cover and cook about 10-15 minutes until the veggies are tender.
- Add half of the remaining coconut milk, the peas, the lemon juice and tomatoes.
- Let the moilee come to a slow boil.
- Add the remaining coconut milk and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with rice. I cooked a Tamil rice dish,
- to go with the moilee. The sweetness of the moilee and the tang of the Puliodarai were perfect together. The moilee, however, would also be great with some plain boiled white rice.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/mean-veggie-moilee/