Black Bean Hummus with Olives
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Dip
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 3 cups cooked black beans (use canned or dried. If using dried, soak for several hours or overnight and then cook until tender. If using canned, drain and rinse thoroughly)
- 1 14-oz can black olives
- ¼ cup roasted black sesame seeds, powdered in a spice grinder (can substitute with white sesame seeds or ¼ cup tahini)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper like cayenne or paprika
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Put all ingredients except the salt and olive oil in a food processor. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil until the ingredients form a smooth paste.
- Add some water if the mixture is too thick. Add salt to taste.
- Remove to a bowl.
- Sprinkle with some red pepper and a few drops of olive oil as a garnish.
- Serve with pita bread or crudites.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/black-bean-hummus-with-olives/