Creamy Tomato Coconut Curry
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Curry
- 2 medium tomatoes, well-ripened and diced
- 1 14-oz can coconut milk (you can substitute with light coconut milk but the end result will be more acidic, although still delicious)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 pinch asafetida or hing (optional)
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the cumin seeds and asafetida.
- When the cumin sputters, add the tomatoes, chili powder and turmeric.
- Let the tomatoes cook on medium heat about 5-7 minutes until most of the tomatoes have broken down.
- Add the coconut milk and salt.
- Warm through but turn off the heat before it comes to a boil.
- Serve hot with rice.
Recipe by Holy Cow! at http://holycowvegan.net/2008/01/tomato-coconut-cream-curry.html