Savory Eggless French Toast
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Snack
- 3 slices of whole-wheat bread, each slice cut into half
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup chickpea flour (besan)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, powdered
- 1 tbsp coriander or parsley, chopped fine
- Salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients other than the bread and use some water to make a thick, pancakey batter.
- In a non-stick or cast-iron skillet, heat 1 tbsp canola oil.
- Dip each bread half into the batter and coat thoroughly on both sides. Place the slices in a single layer in the skillet (Based on the size of your skillet, you might have to do this in batches).
- Cook until the underside is golden-brown, then flip over and cook the other side.
Recipe by Holy Cow! at http://holycowvegan.net/2008/01/spicy-eggless-french-toast.html