Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Snack
- 2 onions, chopped fine almost into a mince
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped fine
- ½ cup chickpea flour (besan)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chili powder (use less if you don't want them too spicy)
- ½ tsp turmeric (optional)
- Salt about ½ tsp or to taste
- Oil as needed
- Mix all ingredients with enough water to make a batter that's about the consistency of regular pancake batter.
- Coat a cast-iron or nonstick griddle with about ½ tsp of oil. Heat until the oil is hot but not smoking.
- With a quarter-cup measure, spread the batter on the griddle in a thin, round pancake, about 4-5 inches in diameter.
- Let it cook without covering until the sides start drying up.
- Lift a corner gently with a spatula. If it lifts easily, and the color is golden-brown, gently ease the pancake onto the spatula and flip over.
- Let the other side cook about a minute until it too turns golden and crisp.
- Serve hot. Yum.
Recipe by Holy Cow! at http://holycowvegan.net/2007/12/oozing-with-health-not-oil-pakora.html