Brown Rice Pilaf
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Main
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2½ cups water
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
- In a large saucepan with an oven-safe handle and lid, heat canola oil. Add cumin seeds and let them sputter.
- Add brown rice and toss until coated with oil and the rice starts to turn opaque.
- Add water and salt, if using.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once the rice-water mixture comes to a boil, transfer the pan to the oven. Let it cook, undisturbed, for about 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand another 10 minutes before serving. Fluff with a fork to separate grains.
Recipe by Holy Cow! at http://holycowvegan.net/2007/12/navamis-luscious-leafy-lentils-with.html