Potato Soup with Greens
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Soup
- 3 medium potatoes, diced (I used Red Bliss but you could use any you have on hand)
- 2 bunches scallions, both green and white parts, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup watercress, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 cups vegetable stock or water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan. Add scallions and saute for about five minutes on low heat.
- Add garlic and saute for another minute
- Add potatoes and vegetable stock.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and let it simmer about 20 minutes until potatoes are very tender.
- Puree the mixture with an immersion blender or by transferring to a regular blender (be very careful if doing the latter because the soup is very hot. Also just quickly pulse about 2-3 times and don't overprocess because the potatoes can get starchy and sticky, ruining the soup's texture. I like my soup a little chunky.)
- Return to saucepan and heat through, adding watercress just before you turn off heat. Add more salt and pepper if required.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/2007/12/hot-potato-soup-with-scallions-and.html