Masala Mushroom Curry
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Main
- 1 tbsp canola or olive oil
- 2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms (can substitute with button mushrooms)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 sprigs curry leaves. Chop the leaves into fine shreds.
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp garam masala powder (you can use store-bought too)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 14-oz can of light coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Saute the diced onion with sugar and curry leaves.
- When the onions start to brown, add the ginger and garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add garam masala and turmeric and stir until spices are coated with oil, about a minute.
- Add mushrooms and salt. Stir occasionally until mushrooms soften and the juices begin to ooze out.
- When mushrooms are almost tender, add coconut milk and turn heat to low. Let the mixture simmer gently for about 2-5 minutes until mushrooms are cooked through.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.
- I didn't have coriander leaves when I made this, but a garnish of 2 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves would further enhance this dish.
Recipe by Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes at http://holycowvegan.net/margos-masala-mushroom-curry/