No Egg-o Waffles
Author: Holy Cow!
Recipe type: Breakfast
- Dry ingredients:
- 1¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Whisk these together in a bowl and set aside.
- Wet ingredients:
- 1½ cups soy milk
- 2 tbsp ground flax whisked with 5 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- 6 tbsp canola oil
- Whisk the wet ingredients together and add to the dry ingredients. Mix together but let some lumps remain.
- Heat a waffle iron and spray lightly with oil. Make waffles per instructions. (I use an antiquated Toastmaster waffler that makes two square waffles at a time with half a cup of the waffle mixture.)
- Enjoy with maple syrup or any fruit compote or syrup of your choice!
Recipe by Holy Cow! at http://holycowvegan.net/2007/11/no-egg-o-waffles.html