Roasted Hasselback Delicata Squash
A delicious and elegant Thanksgiving side of Roasted Hasselback Delicata Squash with rosemary, garlic, and a maple-chili glaze.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 slices delicata squash halved, and seeds removed with a spoon. Place the squash flat on a chopping board and cut into thin , making sure you don't go all the way through
- 8 small sprigs of rosemary
- 4-6 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp hot sauce like Sriracha
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Place the oil, maple syrup, hot sauce and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
Place the delicata squash in a baking dish, cut side down.
Nestle the rosemary sprigs and the garlic within the sliced squash.
Brush on some of the maple syrup-chili glaze.
Place the baking dish in the oven and bake 15 minutes. Remove, baste with more of the glaze, and bake again for 15 more minutes. Baste again and repeat for another 15 minutes.
Serve warm or at room temperature.