10-minute Stir-Fried Mushrooms
An easy recipe for stir-fried mushrooms that's ready in 15 minutes. From prep to finish, this recipe comes together fast and it pairs beautifully with almost any dish.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 12 ounces of button mushrooms (use crimini if you'd rather). Quarter the mushrooms if large, or halve.
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 leaves sprig of curry about 10-12 leaves
- 1 large onion very thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 green chili pepper like serrano deseeded and cut into long strips. If you like the heat, keep the seeds. I do.
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped (you can sub with another herb like mint or rosemary or sage)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil like coconut or avocado
- Salt to taste
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the mustard seeds and, when they crackle, add the coriander leaves, curry leaves, garlic, onions and green chili pepper. Toss for a couple of minutes until the onions soften slightly.
Add the mushrooms and stir-fry them over high heat for 7-8 minutes. The mushrooms will express some liquid -- let it evaporate. Do not cover the wok.
Turn off the heat and add salt to taste.