Roasted Golden Beets with Rosemary and Garlic. The herbs and garlic enhance the sweetness and flavor of these delicious beets.
Servings: 4 servings
- 6 inch medium golden beets peeled and cut into 1- chunks (red beets are a perfectly good substitution)
- 3 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 1 tbsp rosemary finely chopped (if using dry, use 1 tsp)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
Mix together the garlic, rosemary, olive oil and salt and pepper.
In a bowl, place the beets and toss them with the herb-olive-oil mixture.
Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet, preferably coated with aluminum foil to make cleanup easier, and roast 35-40 minutes or until the beets are fork tender and golden. Stir once or twice during roasting to make sure they cook evenly.
Serve hot or cold.