Vegan Giant White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
A delicious giant vegan White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 14 giant cookies
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour (to make this healthier use whole-wheat pastry flour, but your cookie will have a darker hue)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Carrington Farms Unflavored Liquid Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 flax eggs, 2 tbsp of flaxmeal whisked with 6 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- Carrington Farms oil spray for coating baking sheets
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat together the sugars with the coconut oil and applesauce until well-blended.
Add the coconut oil, flax eggs and vanilla extract and beat until mixed.
Add the flour and mix on low or medium speed until just blended. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure everything is well mixed.
Add the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and mix.
Using a standard ice cream scoop, drop the dough on the lightly sprayed cookie sheet, leaving at least 2-3 inches between each scoop. The cookies will spread quite a bit so this is very important. For smaller sized cookies, use a smaller scoop.
Press more white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts on the tops of the cookies, if you wish, and bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden at the edges.
Cool on a rack about 15 minutes, then slide off to a rack to cool further, using a spatula.